Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lina Femia-Moore Comments On Obedience Workshop Held By Von Forell Training System In Melbourne




Hi Kris and Tonia,

RE: Obedience Workshop – 28th June – Sunday 30th June

Rarely do you meet someone who is able to explain dog training and behaviour concepts in both theoretical and practical terms. It is then exceedingly rare to meet someone who is willing to openly and honestly share this knowledge – to teach! I was fortunate that you both availed me this opportunity to learn.

I have been involved with dogs, dog training and dog behaviour for over 15 years. I have attended numerous dog related seminars, undertaken dog training and behavioral courses and actively sought out information in order to further my own professional development. As I also have a background in education and postgraduate psychology studies, I was painfully aware that prevailing dog training practice simply wasn't adhering to behavioral theory.

I became increasingly confused and frustrated over the years. I wasn't able to get the results I knew I could and I was unable to confidently rationalise the information I was receiving. Unfortunately, my own dogs’ behaviour was deteriorating, and I could not deliver effective outcomes for my clients.

Fortunately, I met Kris during the Obedience in Drive workshop held in Perth, Western Australia on the 6th and 7th of April 2013. Kris, your knowledge and experience along with your passion for all things “dog” was evident. You were also genuinely approachable – no question/subject was unworthy of your attention and time. The possibility of alleviating my “brain cloud” of confusion provided the impetus to travel across the country to your facility in Melbourne and seek further assistance.

I guess one weekend workshop wasn't enough for me and I was not disappointed!

Kris, you are undoubtedly an exceptional teacher. Together with Tonia, what a team!

Through extensive discussion, observation and practical exercises, you both helped clarify my philosophy on
dog training, hone my practical skills and address my own training needs – it really is logical,
straightforward and refreshingly simple. I believe I learned more during that weekend than the last
15 years of training.

I am absolutely delighted with the results I am now achieving – with my own dogs as well as my
clients. I am now able to communicate clearly with my dogs and their performance has dramatically
improved already. Interestingly, a number of long-term behavioural issues which were causing me
great concern are now also resolved. However, the best feedback has been from my clients. The
information I have gained from you has translated very well and is remarkably easy to apply – the
proof lies with the dogs.


On a personal note, thank you both so much for your hospitality during my stay. You were both so
welcoming and generous. You took so much time from your obviously busy schedule to
accommodate me – beyond my expectations. Thank you for your kindness, support and inspiring
me to become a better trainer.

I can’t wait for you to return to Western Australia – I hope to see you both here.

Cheers

Lina Femia-Moore
Western Australia



New Super Premium Food Now Available 


One Stop Shop For All Your Training Equipment



Tracking Dogs All You Will Ever Need To Know and More !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment